Copyright © The College of Family Physicians of Canada
Unless otherwise noted, the College of Family Physicians of Canada holds the copyright on all materials published in Canadian Family Physician (the Journal), whether in print or electronic form, both as a compilation and as individual articles.
- Individuals may view, download, print, or save Journal content for the purposes of research, teaching, and/or private study. Systematic downloading (by robots or other automatic processes) is prohibited without express written permission.
- Individuals may not reproduce, post, redistribute, sell, modify or create a derivative work of any Journal content, without prior, express written permission from Canadian Family Physician.
- For commercial requests to reprint material, a one-time licensing fee is applicable. All permission requests should be directed to Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for permission should include the following information:
- Author (s), title, publication date, volume number, page numbers, or extract you would like to reproduce
- Purpose for which you wish to reproduce the material
- Format for distribution
- Number of copies
- Publication date
- Rights requested
- For photocopying, Canadian readers should contact:
Access Copyright, The Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency
320 – 56 Wellesley Street West
Toronto, ON, M5S 2S3
1-800-893-5777 (Canada and Continental US)
If you live outside of Canada, please contact your national reprographic rights organization.
Linking to cfp.ca is permitted. However, the publisher reserves the right to refuse any request to link to an external website. Any links must be removed if requested by the publisher. Websites can link to the CFP homepage or individual journal pages under the following circumstances:
- Do not create links that make CFP content appear to be your own
- Links must not imply endorsement by CFP
- The publisher must be notified via e-mail at email@example.com that a link has been added, indicating to which page
- Material from CFP must not be copied and pasted into any webpage
- For text-only links CFP must be referenced as the original source
Canadian Family Physician allows archiving of the author’s post-print (i.e. final draft post-refereeing) under the following conditions:
- Author’s archived version must not be amended once it’s accepted for publication
- Can be archived to open access repositories after 12 months after publication
- Publisher copyright and source must be acknowledged
- Publisher’s version/PDF cannot be used
Disclaimer of Warranty
The opinions expressed in articles appearing in Canadian Family Physician are the opinions of the authors. Publication does not imply endorsement by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada does not assume liability or responsibility for any damages claimed as a result of any error or omission, or from the use or misuse of any information or advice published in Canadian Family Physician.